At all times, the KVNR complies with applicable laws and regulations, including General Data Protection Regulations. This means that we:
- process your personal data according to the purpose for which they were provided. These purposes, and definitions of types of personal data, are described in this privacy statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those data that are necessary for the purposes required;
- will ask for your express permission if we need to process your personal data for purposes other than specified below;
- have taken appropriate technical and/or organisational steps to guarantee the security of your personal data;
- will not give your personal data to any other parties, unless this is necessary to execute the purposes for which they were provided;
- are aware of, and respect, your rights regarding your personal data.
In our function as the KVNR, we are responsible for processing your personal data. If, after reading this privacy statement, or also in general, you have questions or want to contact us, please contact us using the above contact details.
Why do we process personal data?
The KVNR collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- If you are a KVNR member, to inform you about membership-related matters;
- If you have purchased products and/or services from the KVNR (Oil Record Books, or Ballast Water Record Books, for example).
- If you contact the KVNR. This includes by telephone, e-mail, the contact form on the website, survey participation, account log-in, newsletter subscriptions, or via social media contact.
- Internal analyses for the purpose of improving processes, developing products and services, and market research;
- To keep members/visitors informed of (new) products and services, and also, for example, through social media campaigns.
For the above purposes, we may request the following personal information from you:
- First Name;
- Surname name;
- Contact details;
Provision of data to third parties
We may provide your data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above purposes. For example, we use third parties for:
- Provision of our ICT and internet services;
- Provision of (financial) administration services;
- Provision of various publications (including newsletters, annual report);
We never give your personal data to third parties with whom we have not signed a processor agreement. With those parties with whom we have signed a processor agreement, we, of course, take the necessary steps to ensure the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not give the data you have provided to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. A police request for personal data in the context of an investigation is an example of when we are obliged by law to provide these data. For other third parties, we may only share your personal data if we have received permission from you in writing.
We do not give personal data to any parties located outside the EU.
We only process personal data relating to persons younger than 16 years of age if written permission has been given to us by the parent, guardian or legal representative.
Data retention period
The KVNR does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or for longer than is required by law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. These measures include:
- All persons coming into contact with your data while working on behalf of the KVNR are obliged to maintain their confidentiality;
- We employ a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We back up all personal data so that it is recoverable in the event of physical or technical incidents;
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- Our employees have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Your rights relating to your data
You have the right to inspect, amend or delete your personal data held by the KVNR. You may object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have your personal data transmitted to you or directly to another party if desired. We can ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests.
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us about this. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (the supervisory body in the area of privacy). If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy statement, please contact us.