Within the KVNR there are three committees, which are active in various policy fields. These committees offer our members the opportunity to influence KVNR policy. They advise the KVNR Board in policy-making decisions and analyse decisions taken by the board. The committees are chaired by a representative of a KVNR member who is not a Board member.
Committee meetings generally take place at the KVNR offices, and follow an annual meeting schedule. At regular intervals, however, these meetings take place elsewhere; at a committee member’s office, for example.
When discussing specific subjects, a committee may invite outside experts to participate in meetings. Please note that KVNR members may always participate in a committee meeting. The three committees are:
Labour affairs Committee
- Labour affairs (terms of employment, employment conditions and social insurance issues)
- Manning affairs (personnel policy, working conditions and training)
Shipping Policy, Economic and Legal Affairs Committee
- Economic affairs (business climate, finance and taxation)
- Legal affairs (insurance and regulations)
- Shipping policy (national and international)
Safety and Environment Committee
- Environment (air and water emissions, waste, discharges)
- Nautical issues (navigation, communication and cargo)
- Technical matters (engineering, ICT, piracy and security)
- Innovation (initiating project proposals and establishing innovation themes)
Committees may set up (temporary) working groups to achieve a more in-depth analysis of specific subjects and to advise on committee conclusions. Working groups typically consist of specialists of (associated) members, and are chaired by a member of the committee which set up the working group.
The KVNR also has three contact groups; these act as ‘sounding boards’ to connect to one or more committees. The three contact groups are:
- Contact group Captain-owners and small shipping companies
- Contact group Offshore Ships
- Contact Group Public Relations
The organigram below illustrates the KVNR’s various permanent committees, working groups and contact groups.